Skip to main content

Relationships: 5 C's to Building Successful Ones in Business and Life!

I took great pride in having friends and relationships since I was five years old. Over the past few years, I realized that all relationships are not worth cherishing. However, those that are worth it requires five major components for success: commitment, communication, compromise and consistency! The fifth task is specific to personal relationships...companionship.

The Importance of Commitment

It is up to you how you prioritize these tasks, but commitment is number in my experience. When commitment is prioritized by both parties, a vested interest, the relationships will survive basic human idiosyncrasies, little things that a person does that you do not like will irritate you, but it will not be a deciding factor to the longevity of your relationship. Your love and desire to be with that person in a personal relationship will survive their irritating or annoying behavior(s). Your business success will be stronger than these behaviors in your business relationship.

The Impact of Communication

I have lost relationships in the past due to lack of communication. They refused to communicate what was going on with them to me. They began acting different, being rude, disrespectful in public and started making unfounded accusations. The key to effective communication is being open to listen to the other person and sharing how they made you feel when they did whatever they did to you. I try not to let things build up inside of me because 1) Being at peace is important to me 2) Communicating with a person who has hurt you helps both of you. They know you are hurt, and you get to release the stress and pain by sharing your feelings. Great business relationships have these communication acumens also.

The Art of Compromise

Yes, compromise is an art. I had to learned to be happy in my personal relationships and to build successful business relationship (ie strategic partnerships) compromise is essential. As a businesswoman for over 40 years, I realized that I loss some great partners because I did not compromise effectively. People will support what you do if they can see how they benefit also. Benchmark International defines a strategic partner as another business entity in which you develop a plan or agreement to share resources with the mission of growth and mutual success. Achieving mutual success is the art of compromise.

The Vital Role of Consistency

Consistency is vital in anything you do to accomplish success. Relationships are no different. As the old adage go, “Consistency is the Key!” Mates look for consistency in their personal relationships. As I matured, I began to watch consistency before I totally gave my heart to a man. If they were not consistent in something that was very important to me, that was a deal-breaker. I ended two engagements because of inconsistencies. Consistency is simply about habits formed that changes people perception of who you are and what you do...it all goes back to your level of commitment to your business and your relationships.

Companionship with Your Mate

I must admit, I have longed for a companion that understood me, loved me and wanted to be with me. One who would provide nonjudgmental support, be consistent, want to communicate, be willing to compromise and showed compassion for things I shared with him.  We have declared each other “lifetime partners.” We recognize our differences, allow each other to be authentically who we are and communicate our concerns so we can come up with a compromise that works for both of us. He is consistent, reliable and eagerly let everyone important in his life know how important I am to him. With all of the 5Cs intact in your relationship, you can experience amazingly fabulous companionship with your mate also.

 Read more about #leverage, #speaking, #philanthropy, #wealth, #nonprofits, #mentalhealth, #smallbusiness, #marketing, #cryptocurrency

@DrJoAnnAjayiScott @ELadiesNetwork @FemalesareFabulous @EssenceofaLady DrJoAnn10k.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leverage Your Finances: 3 Strategies to Build Generational Wealth

  “I want to be a millionaire!” This is a statement that transcends race, culture, gender and age. However, the question is, “Are you willing to use the proven strategies to have that millionaire status?” The amazingly fabulous thing about it is, it is within your reach. Here, I share 3 proven strategies to help you build generational wealth and get you on the road to become a millionaire within one year! For almost ten years, I have studied entrepreneurial women who participated in my “Females are Fabulous Empowerment Conference” who have become millionaires. These women are no different than you and I, except they created a plan and followed it. Now, I have created three strategies that have me on track to be a millionaire in 2022. My goal is to bring 1000 women with me. All may not make it in 2022 with me, but those that do will be provided a platform to share their journey with others. We will bring in 2023 as millionaires in New York City! Here are the three strategies. NAME IT AN

Family engagement in mentoring programs

Children who are involved in their families feel more a part of their families, communities, and caregivers. Children who are connected experience safety, security, support, and readiness for learning. Sociable adults. The involvement of the family fosters a sense of belonging and community among parents and other caregivers. By reading this post, you will learn why family engagement efforts can be helpful for mentoring programs. Rymanowicz, K., & Schulz, J. (2022, January 21). Family engagement in mentoring programs. Early Childhood Development. Retrieved December 7, 2022, from https://www.canr.msu.edu/news/family-engagement-in-mentoring-programs  Read more >> As Essence of a Lady's Mission is to Educate, MENTOR, and Empower youth, specifically school-age girls and boys, to develop leadership, career, and social skills for successful transition from high school to college or entrepreneurship through the philanthropic support of adults through developmental programs, fiel

The Powerful Benefits Of Mentoring

Mentoring allows people to learn from one another, allowing for the transfer of skills and knowledge. The goal of mentoring is to enable mentees tap into the expertise of those with more experience than them and learn more quickly than they would on their own. It's also a chance for them to expand their network and meet with leaders rather than just their peers. By reading this post, you will see the powerful benefits of mentoring. Cronin, N. (2019, November 23). The powerful benefits of mentoring. The Powerful Benefits Of Mentoring | Guider Blog. Retrieved December 6, 2022, from https://www.guider-ai.com/blog/mentoring-benefits Read more >> As Essence of a Lady's Mission is to Educate, MENTOR, and Empower youth, specifically school-age girls and boys, to develop leadership, career, and social skills for successful transition from high school to college or entrepreneurship through the philanthropic support of adults through developmental programs, field trips, and special